This famous restaurant now sells the most expensive fries in the world
It was the inspiration and the location of some of the most classic romantic comedies … and if you’ve ever personally experienced this Midtown Manhattan legend’s iconic iced hot chocolate, you know they have a lovable penchant for the ‘extra’. Now this New York City hotspot has outdone itself, establishing just a Guinness World Records title for the most expensive fries. Here’s what you’ll pay for this list of ingredients that might create an instant need for a visit.
If you’ve been to New York City in the past year and a half, you know things have calmed down considerably for a while due to the pandemic. But when Serendipity3 reopened last week on July 9, they returned in style with Nicky Hilton on hand for a grand opening ceremony. Four days later, on July 13, proclaimed National Fry Day, Serendipity3 announced that they had achieved the Guinness World Records title for the most expensive fries. The price? Two hundred dollars.
RELATED: The Saddest Restaurant Closings In Your State
So what in those fancy fries? Some of the world’s most coveted cuisines. Like Serendipity3 shared with Eat this, not that! this week, the ingredient list for these new Serendipity fries is:
- High quality Chipperbeck potatoes blanched with Dom Perignon champagne and J. LeBlanc French Champagne Ardennes vinegar.
- Cooked three times with Pure Goose Fat (from free-range geese raised in the South-West of France).
- Seasoned with Guérande Truffle Salt (the world famous hand-harvested gray salt from Guérande, France).
- Incorporated into Urbani summer truffle oil.
- Topped with Crete Senesi Pecorino Tartufello shavings (made from sheep’s milk that graze on the clay-rich hills of Crete Senesi, sprinkled with black truffles from the valleys and forests of Volterra and Miniato, Italy).
- Topped with shavings of black summer truffles from Umbria, Italy.
- Served with a Mornay sauce based on Crème de Pis (from Jersey cows, organic A2 and 100% grass-fed), Black Truffle Butter, Swiss Raclete Gruyère Truffle (from Switzerland and aged 3 months).
For the presentation, these picky fries are served on a Plate and an Arabesque Bowl in Baccarat crystal and ssprinkled with edible 23K gold powder.
We don’t know how they would handle a GrubHub delivery, but the point is clearly to dazzle. Serendipity3’s Creative Director, Chef Joe Calderone and Chef Frederick Schoen-Kiewert, Company Executive Chef, have dubbed the world’s most expensive fries the “Creme de la Creme French Fries. “It seems correct.
If you’re trying to convince your team to try these fries, the result is that with heavy ingredients like truffle oil and goose fat, this rich dish seems like a great dish to split.
With the word that Sarah Jessica Parker was spotted on the set of the new Sex and the city restart (eating one of our favorite snacks, the slightly more down-to-earth Provisions Icelandic yogurt), it totally makes us feel the “I heart New York” vibes of the early 2000s.
To find out about food news trends, get the Eat this, not that! newsletter, and keep reading: